Location: 16230 S Starlight View Ln, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
The Sahuarita Stingrays are looking for a part-time assistant swim coach, primarily working with ages 12 and under. Qualifications include:
- Responsible, prompt, and enthusiastic about coaching and teaching.
- Coaching experience of at least two years is preferred, but not required.
- A history of competitive swimming or a teaching background is also helpful.
- Must be certified or be eligible to become a certified coach through USA Swimming, including passing a criminal background check.
- Ability to attend and coach at one or two weekend meets per month (up to 15 per year), mostly in the greater Tucson metro area.
Our coaching staff focuses on high-quality technique instruction, keeping things fun, and racing every day. We have swimmers of all levels from total beginners to Olympic Trials qualifiers. Our swimmers go on to succeed in high level competitions, as well as participating in high school and college swimming. Coaches working with us can expect to learn a lot and have fun working with a high-energy group of kids.
Lessons and learn-to-swim opportunities paid by the lesson. Deck coaching is hourly. Opportunity for quick advancement to lead coach given good performance and reliability.
To apply, send your resume and letter of intent to Kevin Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org.