- Any blood, vomit, urine etc. should be removed from the deck, locker room etc.
- Notify the facility host for clean-up
- Prevent others from accidentally stepping in the substance
- If the substance prevents swimmers from safely entering or exiting the competition pool the meet should be delayed until clean up can be accomplished
- Notify the Meet Referee and Meet Director of the incident
- It is not the responsibility of the Meet Marshal to complete the cleanup process-just protect others from exposure
- Contaminated areas should be cleaned with a diluted bleach solution after removal of the substance
- Individuals doing the cleanup should wear gloves and other protective equipment as needed